Summit 2009 overview
Moving Minds: The Next Transportation InfrastructureNovember 9-12, 2009 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
This November, SMART's Sustainable Urban Mobility & Accessibility Summit is back by popular demand at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Moving Minds: The Next Transportation Infrastructure will bring researchers together with business leaders, entrepreneurs, practitioners and policy makers from around the world.
This year's summit will give special attention to: "Moving Minds" -- understanding the cultural, psychological, and aspirational underpinnings of our relationship to transportation (for both users and leaders), and responding with innovative systems, policies, and business models that address these dimensions sustainability, equitably, and compellingly, including:
* New policy frameworks and research directions for the next (integrated) transportation infrastructure,
* New business and employment opportunities related to the emerging global New Mobility industry,
* "Resilience" - designing and operating integrated transportation/communication systems with capacities for transformational learning, adaptation and creative renewal when confronted by crisis, surprise, stress and trauma,
* Innovative Capacity Building - developing and sharing the knowledge and skills to address the growing global challenges and opportunities of New Mobility / sustainable transportation in urban regions.
The summit aims to build on the invaluable wisdom and experience of its participants, and on SMART's ongoing work to understand and accelerate development and implementation of sustainable, systems-based solutions to mobility and accessibility in global urban regions. Its aims are:
• to share new knowledge and experience in piloting and implementing innovative, integrative sustainable urban mobility and accessibility in urban regions around the world
View proceedings from last year’s conference, New Mobility: The Emerging Transportation Economy
If you are interested in volunteering for the conference, contact Krista Gullo at email@example.com