1. “Future Industry Leader Spotlight Award” Self-nominations are preferred for this category.The award is given annually to bring national industry attention to two women students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at a U.S. college or university who have thus far achieved an outstanding academic record and demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills within and outside the academic environment. Candidates may be pursuing a degree in any discipline germane to the business of transportation design and construction.
All students who are currently enrolled in a university are eligible, but must submit the following items online:
1. A current resume
2. A complete college transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. An accompanying cover letter that explains:
A) the student’s plans for an industry career
B) Highlight specific leadership roles and activities on campus
C) Highlight specific leadership roles as a student in construction industry-related associations or in the local community
4. Two letters of recommendation from university professors or employers within the transportation field.
5. High-quality electronic image of yourself of 300dpi or higher. JPEG, TIFF, or high-quality PDF are acceptable.
Additional documentation that is recommended and to be used by the judges, may include, but is not limited to (limit 5 files submitted online):
• Biographical sketh
• News articles
• List of awards or citations
• Published works
If the student wishes, his/her resume will be placed in an online database that is available to HR professionals at industry firms.
The winners in this category will be given a stipend to help cover their expenses to the ARTBA National Convention so that they can accept their award in person.
For more information, see http://www.artba.org/birchland-award-form.