The Michigan Environmental Council (MEC) is seeking a talented full-time (40 hours) fellow to support various activities of the Transportation for Michigan (Trans4M) Coalition beginning September 9 thru December 20, 2013.
Under the supervision on the Trans4M Coordinator, the fellow will work on a variety of projects related to the Coalition, with a focus on legislation and policy research, analytical report writing, and social media and blog communications. Additionally, this fellow will have the opportunity to undertake short-term policy research projects, meet with state policymakers, take part in special events and field trips, and attend committee meetings and sessions of the Legislature.
This fellowship includes a stipend and can be used for college credit. Individual must work 40 hours per week; 24 hours per week at the MEC office (602 W. Ionia St., Lansing, MI) and remaining 16 hours can be completed offsite. Bus pass included in stipend.
Ideal applicant will:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or have recently graduated;
- Basic familiarity with research, outreach and engagement activities;
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication with diverse audiences;
- Have a basic understanding of current transportation policy issues and public policy;
- Be self-motivated and self-directed, seeking guidance when appropriate; and
- Have a good sense of humor and a strong ability to collaborate with others.
For more information, see http://trans4m.org/2013/07/01/trans4m-seeks-fall-2013-fellows.