Roadify Data Administrator- five hours/week to start- could grow into full time role.
Roadify, winner of the NYC BigApps Grand Prize, is looking for someone with a passion for transit data to help maintain its database of real-time and scheduled mass transit information for agencies in more than fifty cities (and growing). This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get part-time experience with both a highly acclaimed mobile application and a data platform that serves multiple distribution channels. It’s a foot in the door at a growing company with bright prospects in the exciting Smart Cities space helping to satisfy a daily chronic need for millions of urban travelers. We’re looking to get someone started for just a few hours a week, potentially scaling up over time.
1. Monitor transit agency data updates and upload new data into the Roadify database in order to ensure timeliness and integrity of data.
2. Load data from new markets and agencies, and perform QA to “clean-up” anomalies and reconcile data issues with Roadify platform and app reporting requirements
3. Create workflow processes to ensure that updates are properly scheduled and not missed
4. Create workflow processes to periodically spot-check reported schedules and arrivals in order to maintain high quality of service and identify issues before customers and end users find them
5. Establish direct relationships with transit agencies in order to trouble-shoot and solve data problem. Work with agencies to encourage best practices that facilitate more efficient Roadify data operations
6. Keep abreast of issues in the GTFS data community by monitoring and participating in developer discussion groups
7. Raise issues to Roadify team regarding data issues and GTFS community trends to keep Roadify current and identify areas for improvement
8. Represent and advocate for Roadify interests in data community around important issues
9. Support tech management to troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions with databases, servers, operating platform/database interfaces, and networked systems
10. Provide support around metrics and analytics for Roadify utilization
11. Make recommendations for automated improvements to data structure and operational processes.
1. Experience with relational database (MySQL or similar); ability to write SQL queries desired
2. Comfortable with Microsoft Excel (optional: pivot tables)
3. Experience working with large data sets; knowledge of GTFS transit data format a plus
4. Experience managing real-time and static data systems, including systems with multiple data suppliers and updating processes
5. Understanding and interest in transit schedules, operations and related technologies such as real-time asset management
6. High level of initiative- self-starter who thrives in a fluid environment without needing a lot of direct supervision
7. Ability to clearly lay out options and alternatives with factual back-up
8. Familiarity with mass transit services
9. Has an iPhone or iPad (to be able to use Roadify mobile app- we will be on Android in early 2014)
10. Clear communicator with ability to respond quickly via email, etc. when necessary
11. Strong oral and written communication skills-both face-to-face and over the phone
Contact: Scott Kolber, Roadify Chief Executive Officer