A Panel Discussion (On-site & Webcast) Starting at 17:30 EDT Tuesday September 16, 2014
Co-Hosted by Carleton University and University of Quebec. Free Registration.
SMART Recommendation: Learn about a new open market development model for property-powered railway investment (and how it might apply more widely to the broader New Mobility landscape)
This panel, including Joseph Potvin, Chair, Open Source Initiative; Julie Ireton, CBC Business Journalist; Stephan Schott, Public Policy, Carleton University; Stephane Gagnon, Business, Universite du Quebec; Ghebre Debrezion, Spatial Economics, Free University Amsterdam; Sue Zielinski, SMART, University of Michigan; Robert Doiron, Altus Group Limited.
This panel will explore a proposed new open market development model for property-powered railway investment, that could represent:
- A sustainable self-financing metropolitan-scale passenger rail system that does not depend on public debt or the tax base;
- A way for investors in commercial and residential property to increase net income and realized asset value, with controlled financial risk;
- A 100% private sector open market approach, with no barriers to entry for small and medium enterprise;
- Equivalent attention to core, suburban and semi-rural areas, in both commercial and residential investment sectors;
- A unique incentive structure favouring the lowest possible passenger fares to achieve the highest possible property value uplift effect.
REGISTER NOW FOR THE ON-SITE EVENT, OR TUNE-IN ONLINE at 5:30 pm EDT on Tuesday 16 Sept 2014: http://openrailproperty.org.