Clean Energy Coalition, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Ypsilanti, Michigan, seeks a Green Fleets 2011 Winter/Spring Semester Intern to assist in the continued development and implementation of the organization’s Green Fleets program targeted to consult transportation-based fleet managers throughout Michigan. Core intern tasks entail: outreach to businesses and local governments, beta testing of report prototype(s), and database and report development. The Winter/Spring Semester Intern works under the guidance of the Mobility Division Manager and Project Managers.
- Bachelors degree required in business administration, marketing, public administration, city and regional planning, economics, political science, natural resource management, social work, engineering, or any related fields, or equivalent work experience in the above mentioned areas.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and project management.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, innovative, and capable of meeting challenges and deadlines.
- Team player with trouble-shooting and exceptional multi-tasking skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven commitment to energy and environmental issues.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in using basic Microsoft and/or similar software products such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email, web, database applications, and capacity to work in Mac OS environment.
- Experience with environmental, clean transportation, energy efficiency, and/or renewable energy projects preferred.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The commencement of the Green Fleets Winter/Spring Semester Intern program coincides with continued deliverables necessary to meet the objectives established in the U.S. Department of Energy funded Michigan Green Fleets project. This project includes the launch of a new Green Fleets transportation-consulting program currently under its final stages of development.
Anticipated intern work plan includes:
- Organization of database inputs and outputs necessary to generate a report that will assist fleet managers with corporate fleet sustainability plans. Deliverable: Report database
- Selection of a single emissions and petroleum displacement calculator necessary to provide primary report outputs. Deliverable: Emissions/petroleum displacement calculator
- Consolidation of implementation considerations by alternative fuel type and incorporation of information into report database. Deliverable: Consolidation of implementation considerations
- Creation of fleet survey document, necessary to capture database inputs to drive report. Deliverable: Fleet survey document
- Identification and outreach to a minimum of five strategic fleets to beta test report. Deliverable: Fleet manager beta test
- Final Deliverable: Assist with the launch of new Green Fleets program.
$4,800 Winter/Spring Semester stipend + $1,050 living allowance.
- This position is open until filled. Interviews and hiring decisions will be made quickly.
- No phone inquiries please.
- CEC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER committed to diversity and consideration of all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status.
- Qualified individuals please submit a writing sample, resume, and a cover letter via email (email@example.com) addressed to:
Matt Sandstrom, Division Manager
Clean Energy Coalition
44 East Cross St.
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Or, via fax: 734.418.1681.